- Born and raised in Minnesota, moved to San Diego in 2007 where I met my wonderful now-fiance Luke. We moved up to the San Francisco Bay Area in the summer of 2011, and promptly moved back to San Diego (the greatest fucking place on earth) in 2012. We have no intentions of ever making the mistake and leaving again.
- I ride horses. Like, a lot. I have a horse named Rosie, we train in the sport of reining at an awesome ranch in the Tijuana River Valley. It’s not the cheapest hobby in the world, so I can only thank that fiance I mentioned above for putting up with me. Horse ownership is an addiction.
- I have a lot of blogs. No, seriously. I write about feminism in video games for one site, about my weight loss progress at another, about World of Warcraft here, and that doesn’t count any of the sites I freelance write for.
- I’m an unapologetic feminist. I have strong beliefs about equality, social justice, women’s rights, and intersectionality, and I’m fiercely pro-choice. If any of that bothers you, head on out. I won’t allow a whole lot of discourse challenging feminist concepts in my comments either, there are plenty of websites for you to leave your racist, sexist, belligerent filth.
- I have three dogs, which literally means I’m not 100% right in the head. Two of them are 50+ pound Boxers, and one is a little Min Pin who has traveled the country with me. Expect a lot of them here, because they’re my children. Yes, I’m one of “those” people.
- For a living, I work for a video game studio. I’m the Studio Director for The Playforge, an iOS games company up in San Francisco. I’m fortunate that I can work from home. It’s stressful, challenging, fun, and I love it.
- I’m an on-and-off vegetarian, pro-animal rights, foodie, who likes to cook only sometimes and isn’t crafty. But I want to be.
- We just bought our first house, which was simultaneously the scariest and most incredible thing of my life.
- I’m a doer. I’m almost always on-the-go, I like to experience everything around me. I like to hike, jog, shop at thrift stores, look at real estate, watch HGTV and bad reality shows, and drink wine.
Welcome, and enjoy your stay. :)